Skip to main content

Ultramarines Chapter Master



This is my new Chapter Master model.  He is made up of bits from the Limited Edition Captain model #2, Vanguard bits, Sternguard bits and the Masters of the Chapter Storm Shield.  He has come out as well as I could have hoped for.  There were 5 major parts to work on; the body, the hammer, the shield, the banner and the cape.  All have come out pretty well and combine to make a strong centrepiece model to protect Tigurius and work alongside my 2 Sternguard Sqauds.






The thunder hammer blending was done using an airbrush.  The colours used were VMA Mahogany in the centre initially, then working out Evil Sunz Scarlet, Troll Slayer Orange and Flash Gitz Yellow.  The ends were highlighted very softly using VMA White.  Watered down Bloodletter Glaze pulled it altogether.


The cape uses the progression directed by GW; Khorne Red, Crimson Carbourg Wash, Khorne Red again then a few changes from here – Memphiston red followed finally by Evil Sunz Scarlet.



The banner allowed me to try out non-metallic colour painting.  I opted to do the cape trim and banner elements using this technique.  I don’t know where to start with describing this.  I ended up using lots different mixes of Agrax Earthshade wash, Screaming Skull, Flash Gitz Yellow, Zandri Dust and Bestial Brown.  It has come out ok and it is something I will look for opportunities to roll out on future projects.  This being my first try ever, I am generally happy with the end result.



The rest I think is fairly self-explanatory – GW Dawnstone, GW Admin Grey and Vallejo Liquid Gold Old Gold across much of the model.

This is bar far and away one of the strongest combinations for a Chapter Master in the game (until 7th ruins him?? – hopefully not!).  I hope you like my version of this particular build.  More Sternguard next.  HTB.

Comments

  1. Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros.....just me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! Well done model!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Repulsor Tank Points Analysis

So hopefully you have seen my previous thoughts on the Redemptor.  A great model. I think the Repulsor however is likely to have a much bigger impact as some of its capabilities are just down right naughty.

The Repulsor has 10 weapons systems...10! I can't even see where the Storm Bolter's are meant to be on it but they are there somewhere! (I think they go above the doors but lets see when the kit comes out!)

Initial Thoughts 

Very good. Fly and Power of the Machine Spirit are very powerful rules - this has both. You can move and keep that 3+ to hit with Heavy weapons (but you still need to be careful of degradation ...BS still goes down). And if you get assault you can move back and fire without penalty because of Fly. Bonkers for an Ultramarine's gun line or creeping-advance style army.

T8 means str 4 is wounding on 6's not 5's as is in the case with the Redemptor Dreadnought. No 2+....Land Raider needs to have something going for it, however when we see the poi…

Grey Knights: Nemesis Dreadknights

I have painted something not blue for the first time in years!  These have come out very well and I had some real success using the Tamiya Clear plaints to get some great metallic finishes on some of the surfaces.  The Blue Sword effect Kenny uses on Next Level Painting worked a treat. I hadn't used P3 paints until he recommended them; they went into the airbrush no problem, giving some great results.


Get your Free Space Marines! Well sort of…. Space Marine Initial Ideas.

There are some really interesting new formations coming out of the new Space Marine Codex.Clearly some of the Chapter tactics, Librarian formations and the Land Raider ‘walls of death’ are drawing some attention.But look over the lowest common denominator at your peril.
The humble Marine and his workhorse transport have been and always will be at the core of your list and GW is ramming that home with the new Demi-Company.