Finally finished the Falchion and another model in line with the core theme of the blog. I picked this up back in March at the Forge World open day, with a view to have it finished before wider release... anyway... it's done now. The techniques involved are covered in the Glaive tutorial. This time around I have tried to apply some of the pointers and tips passed on from Matt Murphy-Kane and Mark Bedford from not only Warhmmer Fest, but the FW open day to.
This is definitely the photo that kept me going this past week to get it finished - the 2 tanks sat beside each other.
One of the critique points on the Glaive (which I did enter into the painting comp that day) was perhaps too many streak and chips, to the point where stuff was getting lost in the all the other detail. I have tried to rain it in a bit on this tank. I think the weathering is a little down in quantity over the last tank, however the detail and number of rivets (they tested my patience...) is on the up meaning for some, it may be a little too busy still.
The XIII and Ultra stencil has come out perfectly and the Microset and Microsol has worked a treat on the transfers.
They look great together. Fingers crossed people think so tomorrow for AOP. I have 18 hrs to complete a Stormtalon and then I am done. Right now the Humbrol Gloss rattle can varnish is drying ready for me to apply the oil wash. With drying time now becoming the limiting factor, the fiances hair dryer is out and ready to go! More soon, HTB.