Skip to main content

Ultramarine Grav Centurions

The final part of my GK/UM allied attachment is finished.  Now to get on with the GK Librarians.  The Grav Cents have come out pretty well.  The OSL and colour blends are pretty good. The transfers are not quite as smooth as I would have liked; my fault for missing a step (GW varnish on the Humbrol Acrylic Gloss Spray where the transfer sits).  The over all unit looks great together - the bald headed guy looks better than I thought.  Initially I wasnt convinced by the sculpts.

4 Cents is a lot of work.  The bodies and shoulder pads could be built and painted all assembled up.  The pipes, weapons, amps, heads, pistons, rear plate, side metal work and arms all had to be done separately to access all the nooks and crannies.  The OSL looks great but comes at the risk of ruining everything you have done to get to that point!

Going right back to construction, I tried to make the models look a bit more dynamic by leaving off the front leg guards and cutting one set of legs to make the gap in the knee joint bigger.  I cut off the skull and wreath on the square facing legs and used Forge World etched brass to make different leg markings. Just enough so that no model is exactly the same (see a few photos up).  The etched brass U's look great as well. I magnetised the Hurricane Bolters using 2mm x 1mm magnets so that if missile launchers come good again, a quick paint job can allow them to be used.

The Ultramarine army in its entirety is getting quite big now - another 340pts added with these all finished.  The Cents look great and add some real clout.  They are a slog to produce as they only come together as smart looking figures right at the end.  You will have banked many hours work prior to this point!  HTB.


  1. Great job on the leg work. They definitely stand out from one another, and the OSL work is great!

  2. Its all coming together :) got the colour combos and techniques working well together.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Repulsor Tank Points Analysis

So hopefully you have seen my previous thoughts on the Redemptor.  A great model. I think the Repulsor however is likely to have a much bigger impact as some of its capabilities are just down right naughty.

The Repulsor has 10 weapons systems...10! I can't even see where the Storm Bolter's are meant to be on it but they are there somewhere! (I think they go above the doors but lets see when the kit comes out!)

Initial Thoughts 

Very good. Fly and Power of the Machine Spirit are very powerful rules - this has both. You can move and keep that 3+ to hit with Heavy weapons (but you still need to be careful of degradation ...BS still goes down). And if you get assault you can move back and fire without penalty because of Fly. Bonkers for an Ultramarine's gun line or creeping-advance style army.

T8 means str 4 is wounding on 6's not 5's as is in the case with the Redemptor Dreadnought. No 2+....Land Raider needs to have something going for it, however when we see the poi…

Space Marine Redemptor Dreadnought Points Analysis

I have promised Rob (Spikey Bits) at least twice now I would return to blogging but have failed miserably until now! I am on holiday and getting my ideas together to partake in my own White Dwarf "Tale of Four (one!) Gamers" style hobby challenge to get a Primaris force table top ASAP. There seems to be a gap in the market (soon to be filled by the hobby blogs and Podcasts, not least the Long War and Forge the Narrative) so having done my own research to shape my army list, I thought I would share build ideas and the points rationale behind it. Here goes...

Initial thoughts

It is good - not broken, not excellent but good. Toughness 7 is a slight issue given everyone trying to focus on being able to deal with this value. Maybe 8 would have been nice. A 2+ would be too much, but T8...hmm.... we will see. I think it is good anyway.  One concern (demonstrated in the Table Top Tactics video) is the degrading effect and impact on shooting once it goes to half health.  He needs a C…

Grey Knights: Nemesis Dreadknights

I have painted something not blue for the first time in years!  These have come out very well and I had some real success using the Tamiya Clear plaints to get some great metallic finishes on some of the surfaces.  The Blue Sword effect Kenny uses on Next Level Painting worked a treat. I hadn't used P3 paints until he recommended them; they went into the airbrush no problem, giving some great results.