Skip to main content

Ultramarine 10-Man Tactical Squad


So this week I have got back to building and finishing off a number of different projects.  I am keen to clear the slate to get onto some of the other bigger kits I have sat waiting to go.  I have managed to tie up one of the final hand painted units from my previous Space Marine Project: The Emperor’s Crusaders, finishing another Tactical Squad.  I have also finished some additional weathering on my Land Raider and the main chunk of this article – the Airbrushed Ultramarine 10 man Tactical Squad.





I had one box of the old style Tactical Squad left over which I have combined with several other boxed sets namely; the kneeling Devastator legs, the re-loading hand from the new Tactical Squad, the new Combi-flamer from the Sternguard boxed set, a helmet for the Sgt from the new Sternguard Squad, a bolter with belt from the Sternguard kit and the plastic devastator Lascannon.




The shot above really shows the graded blue very well - darker blue where the shadows sit and lighter blue sprayed top down to get the highlights and blended look.




You can see at the back I have graded dust up the side of the Land Raider using tips from MAC on Youtube.  It sees you transition through VMA Olive Drab, VMA Sandy Brown and VMA Hemp.



Finally these shots show elements of the The Emperor’s Crusaders and the finished tactical squad.  It hopefully shows you how much of a jump you can make with the addition of an airbrush.  The split paint scheme was fun but I feel I could do such a better job with masking tape and my airbursh set up – that project comes to a close, time to crack on with this Ultramarine build.





Time to crack that Rhino!  

Comments

  1. Lookin' good HTB. Bring on that fire raptor! I really want one of those.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grey Knights: Nemesis Dreadknights

I have painted something not blue for the first time in years!  These have come out very well and I had some real success using the Tamiya Clear plaints to get some great metallic finishes on some of the surfaces.  The Blue Sword effect Kenny uses on Next Level Painting worked a treat. I hadn't used P3 paints until he recommended them; they went into the airbrush no problem, giving some great results.


Space Marine Repulsor Tank Points Analysis

So hopefully you have seen my previous thoughts on the Redemptor.  A great model. I think the Repulsor however is likely to have a much bigger impact as some of its capabilities are just down right naughty.

The Repulsor has 10 weapons systems...10! I can't even see where the Storm Bolter's are meant to be on it but they are there somewhere! (I think they go above the doors but lets see when the kit comes out!)

Initial Thoughts 

Very good. Fly and Power of the Machine Spirit are very powerful rules - this has both. You can move and keep that 3+ to hit with Heavy weapons (but you still need to be careful of degradation ...BS still goes down). And if you get assault you can move back and fire without penalty because of Fly. Bonkers for an Ultramarine's gun line or creeping-advance style army.

T8 means str 4 is wounding on 6's not 5's as is in the case with the Redemptor Dreadnought. No 2+....Land Raider needs to have something going for it, however when we see the poi…

Get your Free Space Marines! Well sort of…. Space Marine Initial Ideas.

There are some really interesting new formations coming out of the new Space Marine Codex.Clearly some of the Chapter tactics, Librarian formations and the Land Raider ‘walls of death’ are drawing some attention.But look over the lowest common denominator at your peril.
The humble Marine and his workhorse transport have been and always will be at the core of your list and GW is ramming that home with the new Demi-Company.